Justice Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC), Osogbo is a Faith-based Charity, Non-Governmental, Non-Political, and Not-for-profit Organization, established for the promotion of social development activities aimed at improving the standard of living of people and their quality of life, alleviating the suffering of the oppressed, the marginalized and the less privileged by influencing public policies and empowering people to be self-reliant. it carries out the prophetic mission of the Catholic Church in the world through the social transformation of the society, especially in the areas of Democracy and Governance, Human Rights, Sustainable Rural Development, Environmental Education and Action, Preventive Health Awareness (HIV/AIDS), Women Empowerment, Youth Development, Promotion of Social Justice, Peace Building, as well as Conflict Resolution and Management without any bias to race, gender, religion, tongue and colour.
JOB Vacancy at Justice, Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC) Catholic Diocese of Osogbo for a Legal Officer, 14th March, 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Directly reporting to: Programme Supervisor, Justice and Human Rights Department
- Training of people on matters relating to human rights in relation to holistic human development
- Providing technical assistance to beneficiaries where and when necessary.
- Planning and working with the Programme Supervisor and other responsible persons for the overall success of the organization
- Continuous implementation of on-going Human Rights-related projects and developing plans for more opportunities in that area.
- Documentation of all activities of the departments as well as writing acceptable reports
Interested applicant must:
- Possess a first degree in Law or any relevant field with not less than second class division.
- Have strong passion for development work and post- NYSC experience in a reputable Non- governmental Organization.
- Possess relevant skills such as:
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Be a person of high integrity, must be creative, able to work effectively in a diverse team, willing to work additional hours at crucial times and takes initiative.
Note: A male with vast experience in Development work is desirable
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4TH OF APRIL, 2019