Justice, Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC)
Catholic Diocese of Osogbo
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
27TH January, 2021
Justice Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC), Osogbo is the social Justice Department of the Catholic Diocese of Osogbo and the grassroots unit of the Dicastery of Integral Human Development of the Vatican existing in Osun state. As a Civil Society organization, it was registered with CAC in 2009. It has been working in Osun state with other stakeholders since 1995 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization to build just social structure and develop human capital without bias to race, gender, religion, tongue, colour and political affiliation.
JDPMC calls for Application by Female volunteers for its Democracy and Good Governance Program:
Location: Osogbo, Osun State.
The selected candidate would benefit immensely and contribute to community development in the process of working with very experienced human resources and stakeholders through:
- Participation in conducting assessments, surveys and group discussions with the target population
- Documentation of issues/challenges
- Documentation and tracking of stakeholders’ feedback
- Documentation of weekly field reports and collation of monthly reports
- Participation in the training and mentoring of beneficiaries on activities on civic responsibility and democratic governance
- Contributing to program learning communications and knowledge management initiatives
- Ensuring that best practices are recommended and promoted within and to external organizations;
The Above are not intended to be all-inclusive. The volunteer may be required to participate in other related tasks as required and may be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks within the agreed scheduled period of her availability.
Qualification and Experience:
Applicants must be a female below 40years of age with:
- at least, Bachelor’s degree qualification from a reputable university (minimum of second class lower division)
- Experience in the development or humanitarian sector and prior experience in similar engagement particularly in community participation/engagement type of project will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak and understand English and Yoruba languages fluently.
- Adequate Knowledge of trends in the Political field.
- Ability to support the program team to evolve and improve the design of activities and implementation.
- Ability to work within the stated terms and conditions guiding the service of a volunteer with efficient handling of assigned tasks and quick discovery of creative solutions to problems and challenges that may arise as well as managing stress and time in a fast-paced operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the agreed period and schedule of availability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Should possess good skills in;
- Knowledge of effective counseling techniques
- Good Knowledge of effective communication skills both inter-personal and intra-personal.
- Teamwork and personal impact
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and Catholic teachings
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of JDPMC
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- A sound experience in Nigeria’s Political system.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their Application & credentials in a single document file and PDF attachment to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 12th February, 2021