Justice, Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC)
Catholic Diocese of Osogbo
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
5th May, 2020
Justice Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC), Osogbo is a Faith-based Charity, Non-Governmental, Non-Political, and Not-for-profit Organization, established for the promotion of social development activities aimed at improving the standard of living of people and their quality of life, alleviating the suffering of the oppressed, the marginalized and the less privileged by influencing public policies and empowering people to be self-reliant. it carries out the prophetic mission of the Catholic Church in the world through the social transformation of the society, especially in the areas of Democracy and Governance, Human Rights, Sustainable Rural Development, Environmental Education and Action, Preventive Health Awareness (HIV/AIDS), Women Empowerment, Youth Development, Promotion of Social Justice, Peace Building, as well as Conflict Resolution and Management without any bias to race, gender, religion, tongue and color.
We are recruiting to fill the available positions:
|1||Program Vehicle Drivers||2||· Drive programme staff for the sole implementation of the programme
· Ensure proper functioning and safety of all programme vehicles
· Properly document vehicle movements and promptly report any discovered faults.
· Perform other tasks as may be directed by the Legal holder, the Coordinator, or their delegates.
Location: Osogbo, Osun State.
Key Areas of Accountability.
Applicants will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Conduct routine assessment of vehicles allocated to them and timely report any noticeable issues to the Officer in Charge.
- Document daily distance coverage and periodically report to the designated officer
- Exhibits best practices in handling corporate vehicles and ensure standard driving ethics of driving at all
The Responsibilities (Above) are not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for timely communication and reporting of specific assigned tasks.
Qualification and Experience:
- Possess a minimum of National Diploma from a reputable Institution in any field.
- Have a valid Drivers’ License
- Not be more than 35 years of age with at least two years working experience in a corporate environment. Prior experience in a similar NGO environment is a strong advantage.
- Have a strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to moderately speak and understand English language
- Adequate Knowledge of the terrains of Nigeria roads, particularly Osun State.
- Ability to manage stress and time in a fast-paced operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and Catholic teachings
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of JDPMC
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should personally submit a copy of their Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae to JDPMC Office, Catholic Bishop’s House Oke –Ayepe, Osogbo, Osun State.
Note: Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19th June, 2020
A another Group photograph as a mark of Honour…