|Justice, Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC) Catholic Diocese of Osogbo |
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
|20TH Jan. 2022|
Justice Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC), Osogbo is a Faith-based Charity, Non-Governmental, Non-Political, and Not-for-profit Organization, established for the promotion of social development activities aimed at improving the standard of living of people and their quality of life, alleviating the suffering of the oppressed, the marginalized and the less privileged by influencing public policies and empowering people to be self-reliant. it carries out the prophetic mission of the Catholic Church in the world through the social transformation of the society, especially in the areas of Democracy and Governance, Human Rights, Sustainable Rural Development, Environmental Education and Action, Preventive Health Awareness (HIV/AIDS), Women Empowerment, Youth Development, Promotion of Social Justice, Peace Building, as well as Conflict Resolution and Management without any bias to race, gender, religion, tongue and color.
We are calling for Female volunteers to support our operations in the area of Democracy and Good Governance:
Location: Osogbo, Osun State.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
The successful candidate shall support the Program team in performing the following functions:
- Participate in conducting assessments, surveys and group discussions with target population
- Monitor project deliverables and report on them in a timely manner
- Document issues/challenges, take ownership and follow through for timely resolution and closure
- Document and track stakeholders’ feedback and pass on to the appropriate channels
- Document weekly field reports and collation of monthly reports
- Report to the Program Manager directly on project activities in a timely manner.
- Produce critical written analysis to inform project delivery, management decision making, and strategic planning;
- Provide training and mentoring to beneficiaries on Political and Governance related Activities
- Participate and represents JDPMC on related meetings with other stakeholders
- Contribute to program learning communications and knowledge management initiatives
- Ensuring that best practices are recommended and promoted within and to external organizations
- Participate in all the interventions of the Organization particularly as relevant to gender issues particularly the involvement of women in Politics and Governance
The Responsibilities (above) are not intended to be all-inclusive. The volunteer may also perform other related tasks as required and may be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks within the agreed scheduled period of his/her availability.
Qualification and Experience:
Applicants must be highly resourceful and must be a female with:
- at least, Bachelor degree or equivalent from a reputable tertiary Institution (not lower than second class/Credit division)
- Experience in the development or humanitarian sector and prior experience in similar engagement particularly in community participation/engagement-type project will be an added advantage.
- Ability to speak and understand English and Yoruba languages fluently
- Prior experience in community participation/engagement-type project.
- Adequate Knowledge of trends in Political field.
- Ability to support the program team to evolve and improve design of activities and implementation.
- Ability to work at least two days in a week within the period he/she indicates to volunteer with efficient handling of assigned tasks and quick discovery of creative solutions to problems and challenges that may arise as well as managing stress and time in a fast-paced operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the agreed period and schedule of availability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
Should possess good knowledge and skills in;
- Effective counseling techniques
- Effective communication both inter-personal and intra-personal.
- Team work and personal impact
- Attention to details.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and Catholic teachings
- Familiarity with policies, procedures, and priorities of JDPMC
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- A sound experience in Nigerian Political system.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their Application & credentials in a single document file and PDF attachment to: email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday 4th February, 2022