JOB Vacancy at Justice, Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC) Catholic Diocese of Osogbo for a Secretary, 3rd July, 2019.
Justice Development and Peace Makers’ Centre (JDPMC), Osogbo is a Faith-based Charity, Non-Governmental, Non-Political, and Not-for-profit Organization, established for the promotion of social development activities aimed at improving the standard of living of people and their quality of life, alleviating the suffering of the oppressed, the marginalized and the less privileged by influencing public policies and empowering people to be self-reliant. it carries out the prophetic mission of the Catholic Church in the world through the social transformation of the society, especially in the areas of Democracy and Governance, Human Rights, Sustainable Rural Development, Environmental Education and Action, Preventive Health Awareness (HIV/AIDS), Women Empowerment, Youth Development, Promotion of Social Justice, Peace Building, as well as Conflict Resolution and Management without any bias to race, gender, religion, tongue and colour.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
Location: Osogbo, Osun State, Nigeria
Directly reporting to: Administrative and Finance Departments.
- Performs a wide variety of complex and confidential secretarial tasks for the organization.
- Schedules and coordinates appointment calendars for the Coordinator and the organization.
- Responds to sensitive requests for information and assistance from all staff on official matters.
- Provides ambassadorial representation for the Coordinator or the Organisation when necessary
- Composes and types directives, bulletins, schedules, and agendas;
- Makes arrangements for meetings and ensures that proceedings are properly recorded and archived.
- Maintains/archives the organizational administrative files and major documents
- Attends to visitors making complaints or requesting services in person or by telephone, in the absence of the receptionist / front-desk-officer.
- Reviews incoming correspondences, drafts responses on matters for which authority has been appropriately delegated, and provides necessary information, with the consent of the Coordinator, as relates to the organization, the departments or programme units.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work with other responsible persons to provide quality customer service on behalf of the organization.
- Performs other essential and marginal functions as assigned by the Legal holder, the Director or their delegate.
Interested applicant must:
- Must possess first degree in any Secretarial Studies.
- Basic Computer knowledge and appropriate software proficiency and good typing ability.
- Possess relevant skills such as:
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Must have a good knowledge of administrative procedures and clerical actions.
- Must have a good command of short Hand.
- Efficient management skills.
- Must be honest and loyal.
Note: A female with vast experience in Development work is desirable.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & Curriculum Vitae in one document and PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Not specified